Monday, May 17, 2010

Lessons

I have been learning some incredible lessons lately about myself, my faith and my enemy. They are lessons that I have learned before, but am relearning in a new time and circumstance in my life. I know most of you may not deal with any of these issues, but if any of you do, here are some things that I am learning.

• When I think I am invincible, I am about to find out I am very weak.
• When I find out I am weak, my default reaction is anger at myself.
• When I get angry at myself, I forget about God’s grace.
• When I forget about God’s grace, I become overwhelmed by my circumstances.
• When I am overwhelmed by my circumstances, I am not focused on the things God has called me to do.
• When I am not focused on the things God has called me to do, I become easy prey for the enemy of my soul.
• When I am easy prey for Satan, I allow myself to be led by my desires and attitudes instead of the mind of Christ.
• When I finally realize I need to focus on the mind of Christ, I begin to see his perspective and priorities in my life.
• When I focus on his priorities in my life, I am able to deal with the circumstances in my life.
• When I am weak, he is strong.

I came across this scripture in my time with God this morning and it hit home. I hope you find it challenging and encouraging all at the same time:

“Humans are satisfied with whatever looks good; God probes for what is good.” Proverbs 16:2

I pray that this week, you learn to focus on what is good and not be satisfied with what looks good.

No comments: