Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Refined by Fire

God’s Word has an amazing way of revealing things about our hearts that we don’t want to hear. It shows up our weaknesses, our deficiencies and our sins. It shows us how deceptively wicked the heart of man can be and how incredibly holy and righteous is the heart of God.

I have been hanging out in Ephesians recently and here are some things God has shown me this morning from Ephesians 4:
* I am not very humble, gentle or patient. (Eph. 4:2) At least I know what to pray for!!
* Christ’s desire is not fir us to do everything, but to prepare others to serve him.
(Eph. 4:12) That is a shot at the ego and pride of every person in “professional” ministry.
* We all suffer from occasional “heart disease.” Eph. 4:18 says our spiritual arteries are hardened by our ignorance.
* Satan uses anger in our lives to develop a foothold in our soul. This is a killer for me!!! It usually surrounds someone I need to forgive for a wrong suffered: either perceived or real.

Mostly it reminds me how much I must rely on Christ as the sufficiency and strength of my life. How has God’s Word been shaping you lately?

No comments: