Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Life or Sometihing Like It!!

Life is rolling right now. I am back to teaching at Palm Beach Atlantic University plus pastoring LifeQuest. Between study for class, study for messages, and my own personal growth time I have my nose in a book a lot right now. I feel like a rag doll at times because my Blackberry calendar keeps going off telling me where to go, who to meet with, and what I am supposed to be doing. It is amazing how those three things aren't always the same!!!

Life is busy and crazy for people. It reminds me of the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off where Ferris looks into the camera and says, "Life moves pretty fast." If ever a greater truth came out of Hollywood, I am not sure what it is.

But in the midst of life, we must slow down. I am forcing myself to study more than other people's writing. I am making a commitment to be in God's Word and to listen and not just talk when I pray.

Our society and culture is not going to slow down. My Blackberry is not suddenly going to empty. But, we must all find the time to simply "Be still and know that he is God."

No comments: