Monday, August 18, 2008

Life and its Adventures

I have returned from vacation and have had many different thoughts and feelings over the last few days. The cruise was a blast and my kids had a great time. However, I was constantly thinking about life in the "real" world. As we traveled there was world conflict in Russia and Georgia, there was the thrill of the Olympics and most importantly my father's health was always in the back of my mind. Cruises are great, but you are definitely out of touch the entire time.

As I have returned home, we have jumped back into life. Worship yesterday was awesome. We had a great communion celebration and the atmosphere was charged with energy. I am excited about next week as our church hosts a Back to School Carnival. We are praying that this will be an open door into some new relationships for people not connected to church.

Our kids started school today. I am amazed at how grown up they are. Emily is now a sophomore. As I dropped her off this morning she said, "Remember last year how nervous I was?" I was the one scared to death. This year she has the high school thing down. Zach started middle school today. He is becoming quite the man. And Kimberly is in second grade. How is that possible!!!

As I write, all of South Florida is watching Tropical Storm Fay. It doesn't look like anything more than an inconvenience, but one of the lessons you learn living in "paradise" is that storms can change really quickly.

My dad is not doing well. His mind is going faster than his body and that is causing some major stress on my mom. Please keep her and my family in your prayers. I will be heading north next week if nothing changes.

In the midst of all the chaos of life, it is good to know that God is still in control. In Psalm 32, David calls God his shelter in the storm. I am feeling that right now. I praise my God that I have a loving Heavenly Father who knows all about my life here on this rock. I trust him and know that he is here in the midst of all this.

My prayer is that in all that I say and do his name and his fame would grow.

No comments: