Monday, January 12, 2009

God is Real and God is Love

Two things seem to keep popping up in my conversations, readings, and my own feeble little brain in the last two weeks: God is real and God is love. I know this may not seem like deep revelations or theology, but I am beginning to wonder if there is not some deeper point I am missing or if there is some lesson God is trying to teach me.

The first aspect is that God is real. I have never questioned that fact. I grew up believing in God and going to church. But lately, it seems like I am striving for a deeper level of understanding about God’s realness. It is as if God is telling me that he is more than I can imagine. He is not some distant, cosmic grandfather, but an intimate, relational, powerful God who wants me to know him more.

The second aspect is that God is love. I have always heard that and believed it, but what does it mean? I am discovering that God’s love is lived out in the process of relationships. God’s love is displayed in life as we relate, communicate, and simply live together. God’s love is demonstrated in the human element of our life.

These two thoughts have been running circles in my mind for days. I would love to hear any thoughts or feedback you may have about the fact that God is real and God is love.

No comments: