Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Energy

I'm a sports radio junkie. I love listening to "Mike and Mike" or Scott Van Pelt on ESPN Radio.
One of the things that I love about those shows is they have incredible energy. While these guys are on the air, you never know what can happen. There is something exciting about it.

Last night I went into a Pastoral Team meeting not being in the best state of mind. There are some heavy issues facing the church and some big events on the horizon. I was not really sure how it was all going to go. When I left, I found myself amazed.

In the midst of struggle, adversity and challenges, I found myself energized by the conversation in the room. It was uplifting, encouraging and propelled me into a vision of what God could do in this place. At the end of the meeting, I felt like we were about to see a movement of God.

Will that happen? I have no idea. How does that happen? i have no idea. What can we do to make that happen? I have no idea. But the prospect of God moving at LifeQuest brings me energy.

I asked the team last night to pray for three things for our church: passion for God, compassion for others and connection to one another. I believe with all my heart that God honors that prayer. I can't wait to see what happens. I can't imagine how awesome it will be to see God move if the expectation of his moving is so exciting.

"God, gives us passion for you, compassion for those who are without you, and connection to propel one another on toward love and good deeds. Amen."

No comments: