Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Imagine

God has been all over me the last few days. I have been wrestling with where we are and where we need to head as a church. I am sensing that God wants to do something bigger than I could ever imagine. To be totally honest, it scares me to death. To be even more transparent, it is going to take all of my courage and all of my attention to make this a reality for us. I also feel that if I choose not to do this 100% I will fully be out of the will of God.

My brain keeps hitting on Paul’s words to the church at Ephesus: “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.” Ephesians 3:20-21.

I am praying that God does more at LifeQuest than I can imagine or ask. I know the success or failure of spiritual endeavors rest of God’s power and our obedience. My prayer is that I and our church have the will to be fully obedient to the ridiculous vision that God is establishing in my heart. My prayer is that I am fully convinced that my heart is in tune with the heart of God.

God keeps putting things in my path to remind me of the vision. He keeps putting people in places to speak to my heart and he is establishing in me something that I pray will change us but most importantly change eternity.

Fear of failure is powerful. Fear of disobedience to the call of God is even more powerful. Let’s strive to imagine that God wants to do great things in us and through us.

What can you imagine?

No comments: