Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What Do You Do?

Occasionally life sucks!! There. I said it. Sometimes things don’t make sense, we get hurt by people close to us, circumstances beyond our control drive us to the brink, or we simply feel beat down. When you begin to add any of these (and thousands of other options) life can suck. So, what do we do about it?

First, we have to remember that life is not about us being happy all the time. That’s right; happiness is not life’s ultimate purpose. Life’s ultimate purpose is connection with God and expressing his love to others. When we understand that aspect of our circumstance we are able to overcome the drain of life in our daily routine.

Second, we can’t just sit there. We can wallow in our misery, we can become bitter and we can lose focus. But that never accomplishes anything. The last two days have had some major challenges for me. It was only when I decided to push through some tough times by praying, reading God’s Word and carrying out God’s purpose for me was I able to feel a renewed focus in my heart.

Third, we have to deal with it. It sounds like I don’t want to deal with the issues, but that is not the case. But some issues are beyond my control. We have to do what we can, when we can, with what we have. And leave the results to God.

So, what do you do when life sucks?

No comments: